Whats new in TimePanic FE 4.6 for Windows?
TimePanic FE 4.6 for Windows offers an improved setup.
- The setup program has been rewritten and offers the following improvements:
- The location of the time tracking data can be specified during setup (customer request).
- TimePanic now supports silent installations (customer request).
- Patches (newer builds of the same version) can now be applied without uninstalling the previous version first (customer request).
- The setup now supports a per-user installation into the user-specific application folder. In previous versions, TimePanic was always installed to the program files folder.
- The demo data have been updated to represent a more recent year.
- Changing the selected columns in the export wizard did not work (customer request).
- During uninstall, the window that prompts you for deletion of your time tracking data no longer appears in the background.
Build 809 improves usability of in-place editing of activities:
- To create a new project or work type, it now suffices to type its name directly into an activity of the day view (customer request).
- Editing the title of an activity now offers a list of recently used titles.
Build 813 fixes a bug and improves the color scheme:
- The application crashes on some systems when using in-place editing of activities (customer request).
- The color scheme (blue, silver or black) is now also applied inside dialogs.
Build 823 fixes a bug and improves usability:
- Fixed: Grouping by projects did not work correctly in build 813 (customer request).
- Improved: It is now easier to move the main window to the corner of the screen: Dragging the main window close to the edges of the screen will make it snap automatically to the edges.
Build 832 improves usability:
- Usability: The status bar of the day view now shows the sum of the selected activities. Previously, the selection was not taken into account (customer request).
- Usability: It is now possible to delete entries from the the drop-down list of recently used activity titles in the day view using the DEL key, but only after having selected an item using the arrow keys (customer request).
- Downgrade: TimePanic is now able to warn the user if he tries to load report definitions created with a newer and incompatible version of TimePanic.
Build 846 fixes bugs and improves usability:
- Fixed: As a result of introducing enhanced in-place editing of activities in build 809, the mouse wheel no longer worked in the drop-down lists (customer request).
- Simplified: The Directories tab has been redesigned to make it easier to use for new users. The previous version it still available by clicking on avanced settings.
- Usability: The two new functions Export to File and Import from File in the report view make it easier for users to exchange favorite reports (customer request).
Build 852 improves usability:
- Usability: The automatic start of TimePanic can now be disabled in the options (customer request).
Build 865 fixes bugs and improves usability of the side pane:
- Usability: Renaming of items in the side panel can now be cancelled with the ESC key (customer request).
- Usability: In previous versions, it was not possible to delete the last favorite activity or report in a side pane tab. This limitation has been lifted (customer request).
- Fixed: Under certain circumstances, the year view and the calendar in the day view had font scaling problems (customer request).
- Fixed: The action Finalize Last Activity in the notification area menu only worked if the day view was active.
- Fixed: Empty reports contained a single empty entry (rather than no entry) under certain circumstances.
- Dropped features: The commands New from Selected Activity and New from Current Report have been removed.
Build 879 fixes bugs and improves usability:
- Fixed: Sorting reports cleared all selections (customer request).
- Fixed: Hiding toolbars is no longer possible in dialogs where there is no way to make them visible again (customer request).
- Fixed: Searching for activities in the day view and the year view did not work any more (customer request).
- Fixed: The setting Use formats from the global options dialog was not saved (customer request).
- Usability: Ctrl+A now selects all activities in the day view.
- Internal changes: New build computer, new version of Visual Studio, new version of external UI library.
Build 884 fixes bugs:
- Fixed: Since build 879, copy & paste of reports was incomplete: the selected columns were missing (customer request).